Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Another Flashback

Wow. Two blog posts in one month. I am on a role. But, seriously...being a nursing student, keeping up with schoolwork, putting in community service hours [which we're required to do to graduate], and working is hard! Nursing students don't get enough credit..just sayin'. But, anyways, it's test day, and I typically don't do much the night of a test. Why, you ask? Because I just spent almost a whole week studying my butt off for the test I took earlier today. And I'm brain dead. And I need something fun. So, catching up on blogging it is! And movies. I'm also watching Cinderella. Probably my absolute most favorite thing to come out on dvd lately. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for fairy tales. 
Anyways, on to the real reason for writing today: another flashback to Spain. I only have a few journal entries left, but I still want to share!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - Leganes, Madrid

Spending time in God's Word
 Today we arrived at our location at 0930. A few of us were able to sit in on an intermediate/beginner Spanish class. It was great to get to learn that way! At around 1130, one of the men shared his testimony. It was amazing to hear how God was working in his life, even when he didn't know! Being here has really opened my eyes to the north African and Moroccan religion. I never thought I would have been so drawn to it, but I really am! These people have captured my heart, and I want to pray for them as much as I can! Especially S, as he goes back to Morocco and witnesses to his family.

Eating lunch in the sun

At 1430, we ate Dominoes pizza. We also worked on our lesson for the day. My group had a four-year-old class at 1730. They were brilliant! Most of them knew English words for colors and numbers, and we also played duck-duck-goose for 30-45 minutes! Between classes, we started organizing all craft supplies and teaching materials. At 1930, the youth came. The 2 teenage girls from Monday (H & I) that came yesterday brought five other girls! We had a lot of fun, playing ninja and around-the-world with them. My heart is already so full of love for them! I pray that we can be great influences, and that others will come along and witness. I want for them so badly to know Christ!

Adventures with the team





Well, that's enough for today. I still think my heart goes out to those children we taught and spent time with. I don't think God is calling me to Spain, but he definitely brought me there for a reason. To open my eyes. And show me others to pray for.

Now, to go enjoy the rest of the fairy tale on the tv.

XOXO, Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment