Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sharing Coffee

We found a stray. Well, my mom found him. The most adorable little kitten: all black, fluffy, long tail, hazel eyes. I walked out of my room this morning after my morning devotions and my sister is standing there holding a black kitty I had never seen before. I cuddled him for a little bit. He snuggled up in a little ball on my lap. I tried to get a picture, but he was more interested in my coffee than the camera. I knew we had a connection.. I think we may have a future coffee drinker here..seriously, he DRANK FROM MY COFFEE CUP. I don't share with animals..but he was so cute I let him. He doesn't need coffee though, because he has plenty of energy. Really. Virginia and I named him Shadow. Mom says we can't keep him unless he stays here all day. But, I really hope he stays! He is currently on our front porch, begging to come in. Molly likes him. Faerie isn't too sure yet. She'll get over it. My family likes to take in strays..

In other news, last week's cupcakes were a hit. I went with a funfetti cake and a cake batter frosting. Officially known as Cake Batter Cupcakes. Yum. I hope to post a recipe later..



I have approximately two more batches of cupcakes to make before heading off to college. I say approximately because, well, you never know when I feel the urge to bake! But, between packing, work, and finishing my online math class before move-in day, I'll be lucky if I get ONE batch of cupcakes done! I plan on doing that today though, after work. I'm pretty excited about these..I hope they work out. Speaking of work, gotta finish getting ready! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

XOXO

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment